Spirit’s Mission is a group of dedicated and experienced animal professionals that partners with isolated and under-served First Nations and surrounding communities for the health and wellness of companion animals and to enhance the human/pet bond.
Our ultimate goal is to help communities create a self-sustaining animal management plan with the resources and tools to keep companion animal populations healthy and to prevent pet overpopulation.
We do this by:
- providing veterinarian care, including spay/neuter, microchip, vaccination, parasite control and other medical care
- rehoming animals when their families can no longer provide for their care
- rescuing animals that have been injured or abandoned
- educating community members, particularly focussing on youth, for the care of pets
- providing emergency pet food banks
- partnering with other rescue organizations to enhance and continue our work
We work to create and continuously improve a successful template of our operations that can be used by partner agencies.